Friday, August 30, 2013

Saddest Week Thus Far

And Blythe and Cheyna for the win!!!! 
I seriously can't tell you guys thank you enough for the packages, they make my life! Chey, I may or may not have slammed that jerky within 20 minutes... tell Garrison good job. 

Okay Sagan wants me to write a contraction for calling her out on the Portugues thing last week, she claimed she was making a joke. Well if you are making a joke, make it funny Sag. Haha jk

This week was so sad because, Sister Faldmo and Elder Edwards left me to go to the Brasil MTC. DB left me and so did all my Poly friends... I'm trying to adjust to life without seeing Elder Blake everyday haha it is harder than you may imagine!

Brooke, when you come to the MTC play volleyball! I seriously love playing here because there are some legit elders and it's a party. Congrats on the call you will love it!

So on Sunday, my district decided to sing in sacrament meeting til we meet again since so many missionaries were leaving... we decided this on Saturday, none of us have any music ability and we tried to sing parts... bad idea. EPIC FAIL. Our branch was literally LAUGHING as we sang it was that bad. At least you could feel our testimonies? 

Oh if anyone who reads this loves me they will send me a little laser. You know just one of those little key chain cheap ones? I would seriously be in debt to you forever... don't get any ideas about what it's for, no it will not get me kicked out of the mtc... just help keep me entertained ;) please oh please!

On Sunday we get to go on a temple walk for an hour on the way back I see these two blonde girls and was like where are those sisters name tags? tsk tsk. Well it was Makenzie... I know I spelled that wrong, and Katrissa Ward! Ah so cool!

As i'm almost back I hear someone yell, Sister Shumway well I turn around and what do I find... ASA!!!! Oh my goodness Elder Blake and I had been trying to find him since Wednesday! I even went to the front desk and asked for his meal times (I had to explain he was my cousin first haha) I finally got to see him and it was so awesome, he looked so good! I saw him again yesterday too... I love it! Like that seriously was the greatest two moments of the MTC.... sorry DB ;)

I also saw JJ Morely at the temple... that was cool, I haven't seen him since high school so I'm way glad he recognized me and came and talked to me. 

Just in case some of you are worried, I am most definitely keeping it real up in herrrre. On Sunday night I went on a little adventure with my New Zealand friend (she also left me this week)... I won't say too much so that my e-mail can't be held against me haha but it was way fun and i will send some pics. 

On Tuesday guess who our devotional speaker was? Neil L. Anderson! I have been here three weeks and already heard from two apostles! That never happens how lucky am i?! The Lord knows I need some serious preaching to! 
He talked about love and sacrifice, which could not be more perfect. I feel like I have sacrificed a lot, caffeine, friends, the office, me bed, my naps haha but those aren't real sacrifices and he put me in my place. It was way good.

For some reason, my district got shoved down into the corner of our building away from all the Portugues speakers. Instead we are with all the foreigners learning english... oh boy you can only imagine. It is the most hilarious thing ever! I feel like i'm learning more Spanish, French and Dutch trying to communicate with all my friends there. There is one Elder, Elder Manu who is from Tonga that is seriously our best friend he is hilarious! He says he is playing football at BYU after his mission, but he likes to mess with us so I don't know if that's true or not. 
A lot of them help us with our Portugues too, they are seriously the funniest people. Most of the Elders just try to pick up girls because they want to marry an American. It's so bad but it's entertaining to watch. 

So I am now in a threesome because Sister Alzate, who was Sister Faldmo's companion was added to our companionship. She is awesome and is fluent in Spanish because her family is from Columbia and she goes there all the time. She is so patient and helps me a ton I seriously love her. 

Each district has two teachers, well one of our teachers left Saturday so we got a new one. Anyways when we were teaching him, and he was pretending to be an investigator I could NOT understand him! I guess I haven't gotten used to his accent yet. So I am sitting there not understanding one thing, and saying things that I didn't know if they applied or not and finally me, sister Alzate and our teacher just busted up laughing. I was honestly dying it was so bad. I'm glad our teacher has a sense of humor though and wasn't mad that I totally took the spirit from the room.

Out of all the pictures Chey and Ays sent me my favorites are the ones of Garrison and Denalli... HAHA oh how I got a kick out of those!

Dad Mom, I need to hear more about what is going on with Greater Canyonlands... Dad said it was probably going to happen. Call up Hatch's office and get John Tanner on the phone and get something happening... i'm going crazy in here not knowing what is happening! 

How is Bobby doing? I want to hear about his crazy mission. Also, more about Bry and her craziness.

Mom you know those fatheads well if you don't ask Callie about them Barkley has one of himself... he would.
I think we should get one of me and put it in Bry's room so she doesn't forget me haha psych that would freak her out.

The language is getting better everyday. We are only allowed to speak English at lunch and dinner and gym so that's been helping a lot.

Mom, Jace wanted to know some Portugues words so tell him Otimo (O-CHEE-MO) means like awesome or great. and Muito legal means like way legit. Oi, is hey.

Food well, oh you guys would be in heaven, there is wrap bar here that is the bomb. I get a spinach salad with like chicken, tomatoes, sprouts and carrots on it with poppy seed dressing that is the bomb.com. There is also yogurt parfaits everyday, the big ones like Mcdonalds used to have. When I eat the cooked food it seriously messes with my stomach.

Sister Olander says I dance like Generra... Generra must be a freaking good dancer then ;) haha

Oh my greatest quote ever this week was on Sunday at the fireside when it was PACKED... it took us forever to make our way to the elders in our district. We finally made it and the elders were like woah that took you so long... My reply was, "When did people stop understanding the phrase get the heck out of my way?!" Obviously changed to make it missionary appropriate. If you are not dying of laughter right now then you need to go watch Friends and become cooler.  

I can't really think of what else to tell you I am more than half way done. I will get my re-assignment in two weeks and depending on where I go I could leave that Saturday... crazy crazy. It freaks me out to think I might be teaching in English since I haven't taught in English yet!!! I just remind myself it doesn't matter where I go, I will love the people and sacrifice whatever I need to no matter what just like Elder Anderson said... 

Okay well God Speed... Be good, I love you and goodbye! Peace out my homies!

No comments:

Post a Comment